We offer opportunities for extended learning beyond the core Academy day. Our extended provision through our Hub team is at the centre of our community work. The team deliver a wide range of services which engage public, voluntary and business sectors in the establishment of a centre of education and lifelong learning. We aspire for the Academy to be at the heart of our local community, recognised by others for our clear understanding and support of local issues and awareness of community needs.
At Oasis we recognise that people are not two-dimensional beings; we are each a whole person with a broad range of aspirations and needs and these needs are interconnected. To truly help someone with their educational needs, it is vital to also be aware of their emotional needs, spiritual needs and economic needs.
As such, we believe in communities that are holistic, interconnected and totally inclusive. We call our model for these communities ‘Hub.’ Watch the video above to learn more about our vision for hub.
Oasis Academy Brightstowe, Oasis Academy Bank Leaze and Oasis Academy Long Cross and the surrounding communities of Shirehampton, Lawrence Weston, Sea Mills and Avonmouth are part of Oasis Hub North Bristol. The hub runs a number of services for the community. By ensuring that all these services are joined up and rooted in same ethos we want to see the entire community transformed for the better.
Our projects include:
- The Oasis Community Shop: located on Ridingleaze, Lawrence Weston. This is a community shop that runs arts and textile courses for the local community, student REAL projects and affordable second-hand toys and clothes.
- Holiday Activities: a range of activities are run throughout all the Academy holidays.
- Counselling Service: based at Long Cross Children's Centre, the Counselling Service is accessible to all members of the community. Again you can contact the Hub team for more information.
- Lawrence Weston Carnival: an annual community celebration held in June. We offer plenty of opportunity to get involved or join us to spectate on the day.
- Oasis Grows: gardening and healthy eating porject that runs across the three Oasis Academies.
- Family Support: the Hub oversees and supports the Family Support Team at Long Cross Children's Centre.
For more information on any of our projects, or to find out what we have coming up, please visit and like our Facebook page.