At Oasis Hub North Bristol we aim to have the community at the heart of everything we do. We have therefore included links and brief information about services and community groups who are active in our Hub area.
These services are not endorsed by Oasis and therefore we would ask you to make your own enquiries before engaging in these services. Please click the tabs on the left which will have a brief explanation of the service available and how to make contact.
- Ambition Lawrence Weston
- Lawrence Weston Community Farm
- Long Cross Children's Centre
- The Rock Community Centre
Ambition Lawrence Weston is a community driven regeneration project which aims to:
• Facilitate the “Lawrence Weston Community Network” – a network that brings together all of the organisations (public and voluntary) in Lawrence Weston to encourage information sharing and joint projects and initiatives
• Conduct Community Planning – Co-ordinating the Community Plan for Lawrence Weston
• Facilitate and support Lawrence Weston Neighbourhood Planning group – a group set up to deal with all planning and land use issues in Lawrence Weston
• Support the development of a community managed website
• Produce “On Your Doorstep” – a community newsletter for Lawrence Weston
• Enrich community engagement – support is provided to a number of smaller groups (Henacre, Parent and Practitioner group) and individual residents to come together to tackle issues within the neighbourhood
Contact: Mark Pepper, Development Manager
Address: Lawrence Weston Youth Centre
Lawrence Weston Community Farm is a community-managed project that aims to improve the quality of life for local people and its service-users.
The farm does this by working with members of the local community, and others, to provide a range of innovative and exciting, educational, social, environmental, economic and recreational activities.
As well as providing opportunities to experience the daily delights of community farming and gardening, the farm also:
Brings people and communities together - make new friends, volunteering and placement opportunities, activities for children and young people, a safe and secure public green space . . .
Delivers education and skill development - hands on enjoyable learning opportunities, short course, accredited training, school groups . . .
Promotes environmental awareness - recycling, composting, wildlife, gardens, ponds, woodland . .
Encourages healthy eating and exercise - wholesome food, exercise through gardening and practical work, cooking events . . .
Produces fresh, affordable local food - vegetables, meat, honey, eggs . . .
Admission is free, and the farm is open all year round!
Lawrence Weston Community Farm
Telephone: 0117 939 1128
Long Cross Specialist Children’s Centre is located on the Oasis Academy Long Cross site in Lawrence Weston.
We are a specialist children’s centre offering the following services for children aged 0-5 and their families:
- Family Support Services
Please contact the Centre to find out more about their services.
Telephone: 0117 9030740
- The Over 50’s Forum, 1.30pm held on the first Monday of each month. Open to all over 55.
- Slimming World, 6.30-9pm Open to all.
- Play Place Children’s play group ages 0-5yrs open to all.
- Healthy Eating, 11.30-12.30pm open to all
- Gentle Exercise, 12.30-1.30pm, Open to all.
- Computer Courses run by Learning Communities, 9.30-2pm. Open to all but places must be booked in advance.
- Coffee Mornings, 10-12pm, open to all.
- Chiropody sessions, 9-12pm. Open to all but places must be booked in advance.
- GKR Karate, 6.15-9pm. Open to all.
- The Lunch Club, 12-2pm. Open to all.
- Gentle Exercise, 12.30-1.30pm. Open to all.
Saturdays: Children’s Parties and private bookings.
Sundays: Children’s Parties and private bookings.
Contact Details: Ash Hughes on 0117 938 4636 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org